Friday, March 7, 2008

day three: moving closer

I try to manage the gravity of turning 30 by making lists and pie charts, plotting where I'm going on graph paper with color-coded subsections. Like if my papers are in order, somehow that means my mind and heart are primed and I enter into a new decade by choice, all resolute.

A list to try:

Alphabetized list of how it feels to move closer to thirty.

Goal: list one word or phrase starting with each letter of the alphabet to represent how you feel about the change to come. My list is below.

A-About to choke
B-Blood-oranged
C-Cherry stuck in the ice on the bottom of my drink
D-Doing the unstuck
E-Egg salad, jello, other stuff I'll eat when I loose my teeth
F-Family
G-Godot
H-Helvetica
I-Ink on my arm, a tattoo I'll never get
J-Juniper berries we're cooking with at dinner with friends is a grown up spice
K-Kibbles and bits
L-Like listening to Life's Rich Pageant
M-My very heart is wrinkled
N-Naan, please
O-Old old old old old
P-Peter and the Wolf
Q-Quarterlife crisis was so five years ago
R-Rich is the new rich
S-Serpentine belt
T-Total, Special K, Bran Flakes; time to eat old cereal
U-Uterus
V-Vegetables
W-What we were supposed to have written
X-Xerox my ring finger at work when no one is looking
Y-young young young young
Z-Zoology, botany, bird watching, slow food

No comments: