Tuesday, March 18, 2008

day thirteen: never a dull moment

One afternoon in sixth grade, we were given homework: to sketch a shield with our family motto written inside. The next day, my classmates came back with neatly drawn shields filled with crowns and swords, with proud words like integrity and honor sketched inside.

I went home the night before and asked my dad what our family motto was. He instantly shrugged and said, with his slight lisp, "It's a tie between 'never a dull moment' and 'welcome to the real world.'" I chose the latter, my shield filled with a ferocious lion in the center, with the words "welcome to" curving around the lion's head, "the real world" fitted under the beast's paws.

3 comments:

Kurt said...

This is a great post. It made me lol.

zack said...

can you re-draw this and make t-shirts?

gala bent said...

totally, totally love this story. i'm very giggling...